Having spent a week away in the internetless wild French coutryside, without a working tape player in the car either this seemed the ideal opportunity to get back to Blog. Instigated by Mark at Badlibrarianship I have followed his instructions, stopping at the point where i should list seven others to continue the fun. I haven't seven people to lumber but any passers by fancy offering a current choice, that might count.
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to’.
1. Just for the sheer potty-mouthed joy of it, Dean Ween belting out 'My Own Bare Hands' at Shepherds Bush Empire last month has had me singing along since.
2. Sharing The Spongebob Squarepants Movie OST with Ween was Lemmy in his Motorhead years but this might be where it all started.
3. There's a continuing enjoyment from MCR doing The Black Parade song. It's all great when the Brian May guitar sound belts in. It's like a grown up coming in to junior rock school and showing all the fresh face enthusiastic young ones how to do it properly. Not allowed to link to the video which might be just as well.
4. After that, there must be the real thing, as nature made sound so that Queen would record Fat Bottomed Girls.
5. Maybe it's because it's that time of year, once again when I spend as much time on the sea as on land but this is rattling through my head while watching those sonar screens or gps plotters just now.
6.The Go Team are one of the 'get on with your work' part of my Itunes so they're on a lot. Great for comic action.