16/05/2009

Here's one I did earlier.

So there's this guy Coop who's doing this thing collecting pictures of Frankenstein's Monster. Champion artist Jonathan E posted one in the small hours this morning on his blog. It was enjoyably co-incidental that i'd happened to have done a couple of 'F Monsters' in The Moleskin on monday (tarted up for blog use)



However, I also manage to dig up a bunch of colour copies of a Frankenstein story that I did in 1996/7. A few are missing, notably, monster kills lad, monster kills Mrs F, Mr F makes Mrs Monster, they'll be around somewhere.







Some of this stuff pongs but some of it I like a lot still.

8 comments:

pmgl said...

whutapend? 7 in a row. this is raw.

VickyS said...

love this work, !

Jonathan Edwards said...

Top F's M, Warwick. NIce and stitchy! DId you see those plastic surgery pics in the Guardian Weekend magazine yesterday!?! Good reference for this kind of thing but almost put me off my bagel.

I bet the WJC archives have got some great stuff in them.

Coop said...

Lovely work, any chance any of this will be winging its way to "A Patchwork Of Flesh" , pretty please!

WJC said...

Thanks P, and VickyS (i missed you at the Bristol thing, I should've said hello)

Thanks Jonathan, I missed the plastic surgery pics but they sound pretty gruey. I bet the Edwards archives have treats to behold.

Coop, I plan to send a new one to you but i'll have to be better than ever before to shift the stuff in my 'to post' pile. Fingers crossed.

Gerald de Dios said...

That bend with the autopsy is such a great angle.

WJC said...

Thanks Gerald, I did like the way that turned out when I did these. There's one with Mrs Monster in bits on a long table with Dr F despairing and Mr Monster watching that copies the movement but I can't find it yet.

Coop said...

Hi Warwick, thanks a million for sending the monster drawing over, it's up in the gallery at "A Patchwork Of Flesh" now with his monstrous buddies.